ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Moon in water reflection?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Óskar EricssonMoon in water reflection?
by on Sep 5, 2012 at 10:39:24 am

First of all, thanks for an amazing site. As a video artist with big ideas and little time, Creative Cow has been incredibly insightful and has helped me out in numerous occasions.

I normally try not to bother forums like this with my own questions, but instead search the web for answers, or figure it out on my own. However, I am facing a task at the moment that I can´t find a solution to, and hopefully someone here could give me an answer.

The problem I´m facing regard Psunami in After Effects.
I have a still image of a full moon that I would like to animate slowly into water waves, and then descend through the reflection into the water. In other words, I want the reflection to be totally still, letting the audience think it is a still photo, and then carefully animate it into water ripples, so that the audience sees that it was in fact a reflection instead.

I can´t find a decent way to create a reflection with the jpg though, at least not one that looks like a true light reflection.

In the mean time, I am looking at other solutions like good old Waveworld etc. but I am not getting good results.

If anybody knows a solution, I´d be much obliged.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved