ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Typography

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arian Allenson ValdezAfter Effects Typography
by on Sep 5, 2012 at 9:46:47 am

Hello. I know that this might come off as an incredibly easy/stupid question, but I'm hardpressed; I only have four days to finish a project I have.

Can anyone give/show me some 'animation presets' for typography? For example, I always see this, 'text popup and bounce effect' and I can probably do it manually, but as I've said I only have a few days.

So if you guys know some animation presets I can download for typography, that would be nice. Thank you.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects Typography
by on Sep 5, 2012 at 11:40:30 am

Bounce can mean a few different things, can you link to an example(with the time-code of that example).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Mayson SteeleRe: After Effects Typography
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 11:52:54 am

Oh, found it. The correct term was "Swinging Hinge Effect".

Anyway though, if you would as to so kindly give me few expressions I could easily use that would be heavenly. I know I might be sounding like a lazy d*** right now, but I really am hardpressed with the time.

THank you

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects Typography
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 3:16:26 pm

Here's a simple expression I made to apply to the X rotation of a 3D layer(layers anchor point has to be at the top of the layer)

amp =110
decay = .9;
t = time - inPoint;
amp *Math.cos(t * 2 *Math.PI)/[Math.exp (t *decay)]

Here's a quick example of it in action. It's set up to start at the inpoint of your layer, amp is how much swing the layer will have and the decay controls how fast it slows down.

4631_swingexpression.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]