ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Becoming Adobe Certified - Your Thoughts...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob KnollBecoming Adobe Certified - Your Thoughts...
by on Sep 4, 2012 at 4:34:29 pm

I've been using Adobe products (After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere, etc) for over a decade now and, even though I'm by no means an exert, I've come to not only love working with them but I've become proficient in them as well.

However, I thought it might be time to turn that into a possible job opportunity for myself. Not at another studio mind you as I already run my own Audio/Video projects on the side as it is. I have considered getting into teaching seminars/classes on the product or possibly doing some types of workshops.

I see that Adobe offers certifications in different tears (Design, Video, etc) and different levels (you can become an "Associate", and "Expert" or a "Certified Instructor").

I've checked into the training and for the classes I'd need to get me ready for the exam and the certification testing itself, I've been quoted at anywhere from $3,000-$5,000.

I'd like the thoughts and opinions of anyone who currently has the certification or has ever though about getting it as to whether they think this is a good path. Is it something worth getting into to teach? Do I need the full instructor certification to get hired to do these types of workshops? Do you find it appealing?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved