ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Overwrote Rendered File

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrej SorobovicOverwrote Rendered File
by on Sep 3, 2012 at 4:23:33 pm

Hello there,
im the most stupid human in the world. I just overwrote my rendered videofile, which took about 24 hours to render.
It happened by accident, i work on the same projekt and subdivide it to 5 parts, i rendered it to 4th part and hit render while i forgot to change the name to "render4" so i overwrote the first file. After i realised it, aborted the rendering process, well it just overwrote the file of 9 gb now i have something about 1 mb. Is there a way to get back the file? Thanks in advanced!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Overwrote Rendered File
by on Sep 3, 2012 at 6:51:42 pm

Unless you have a backup system, I don't know of anyway to recover a overwritten QT. Once they start writing you don't have an End of File marker, til it finishes and now your file doesn't have it.

Perhaps there is a data recovery service that could manage to find your files, but you probably should start rendering again. If you have multiple things to render I would start looking for people you know who can spare some CPU time.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Andrej SorobovicRe: Overwrote Rendered File
by on Sep 3, 2012 at 10:16:17 pm

No chance! Its not possible to bring the file back. I googled a bit, if i had deleted the file there might be a way like you said.
Actually its not only my fault, well windows always asks if you want to override a certain file. Aftereffects should do the same...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved