ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 Error 33::4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Oprisan
After Effects CS5 Error 33::4
on Sep 3, 2012 at 8:15:57 am

Yesterday i finished working on a 10minute project that it started in January 2012. Last night as i was preparing to get everything to be rendered this morning when i open up after effects, it tells me as as soon as the opening project bar loads up the error appears, missing data in file (33::4).

Ive tried to open it through import, tried through a new composition, tried a system restore, nothings works.

Anyway way to fix it? I seriously need it fixed

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects CS5 Error 33::4
on Sep 3, 2012 at 4:19:36 pm

Do you have any auto-saves that you can open?

Have you engaged Caps Lock while opening or importing the project to prevent AE from trying to render a view while opening the project?

I know it's not helpful now, but for next time -- Increment and Save [link] is your best friend. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S instead of Ctrl-S, and AE will automatically add a new version number to your project and save it to disk. If you're working on "My Project v1.aep" and you use Increment and Save, AE will write out "My Project v2.aep" to disk, leaving "My Project v1.aep" untouched.

If you get in the habit of using Increment and Save at major points of progress or change in your work, you'll have earlier versions to fall back on in case of disaster, minimizing the amount of work lost.

I do this all the time, and I often end up with some comically high version numbers, but it's an added layer of project security.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Stefan Oprisan
on Sep 3, 2012 at 7:49:01 pm

I did have some autosaves but they were quite old...i mnean the project was a whole 10min and the last autosave was at around 5:30 min...i stopped doing it because it was really annoying, it was taking forever to save, but i hope to learn from my mistake and pray it wont happen again

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 3, 2012 at 7:57:57 pm

Have you tried using Adobe Media Encoder to render out the comp? In AME, File > Add After Effects Composition, then locate the AEP file, cross your fingers, and see if it can read enough to at least output your comp.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]