ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects infinite render after painting with clone stamp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shaun rexroat
After Effects infinite render after painting with clone stamp
on Sep 3, 2012 at 6:56:11 am

I was clone stamping a frame and I was almost done but suddenly it wouldn't stop rendering. Just frozen on that frame and rendering for no reason.

I had to quit through task manager and I saved and when I reopened the file it was till trying to process the paint. It would only stop when I turned off the paint effect.

What is going on? somehow the paint effect is making the program bug out. Help please. this is so annoying I could punch someone.

thank

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
Re: After Effects infinite render after painting with clone stamp
on Sep 3, 2012 at 11:47:27 am

Hi,

Do you need the cloning to be animated? If not, you might be better off doing the cloning in Photoshop and bringing the corrected image into AE.

A few months back I was rendering a fairly simple project that a colleague had prepared and I couldn't understand why it was taking an eternity to render. When I looked in one of the pre-comps, there were brush effects, with hundreds of strokes - each of which was being rendered during the animation, even though only static images were needed. So I exported the cleaned images as new files, re-imported them into the project and, hey-presto, render time divided by 10!

The brush effect is great if you need to create an animation of the strokes, but if not, it's just slowing down your render times.

Return to posts index

shaun rexroat
Re: After Effects infinite render after painting with clone stamp
on Sep 3, 2012 at 5:48:38 pm

I think that's the problem, but what's weird is that when I simply deleted the first stroke, the frame rendered in about 5 seconds, which is much better than forever. Also I had about 41 clonestamp strokes and I have a pretty fast machine but I'm also working with HD footage so it must be the amount of strokes like you said.

thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]