ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Previews (Mac OS X Issue)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dorian HellerAfter Effects Previews (Mac OS X Issue)
by on Sep 3, 2012 at 5:11:47 am

This is a Mac (Finder) issue and it directly relates to AE, but I believe that someone may have an answer for me. When I click the spacebar in Finder, or go to preview an .aep file, (after effects project file) it shows up as the purple AE logo, and date modified etc. I was wondering if they was any way to save a screen shot of the project, so without opening it I can see what it is.

If anyone knows how to do this, or if its even possible, it would be really handy.

Return to posts index

shaun rexroatRe: After Effects Previews (Mac OS X Issue)
by on Sep 3, 2012 at 7:07:48 am

Sorry. this is not an issue. Their is no plugin which captures a frame from the project and displays it as a thumbnail. Maybe in the future one will be made. I believe there is software for changing the thumbnail of any file, but so far I have not seen any.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects Previews (Mac OS X Issue)
by on Sep 3, 2012 at 6:07:53 pm

Although there is no automatic way to do that, you can do it manually fairly easily by just saving a frame from your project in your AE project folder.

The quickest way would probably be to:
- find a frame from a comp in your project that you want to use as the thumbnail
- set the resolution to 1/4 (Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+Shift+J)
- hit Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+S to save the frame as a still
- set the output module to jpeg, name it the same as the project and point it to the AE project folder.

To make it even faster, you can set the default still frame file type to jpeg or whatever you prefer by going to Edit>Templates>Output Module and choosing a file type from the "Frame Default" menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved