ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Two pretty interesting shots to fill with VFX

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele PoggiTwo pretty interesting shots to fill with VFX
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 7:00:56 am

Hi guys. ;]

I'm about to start a work for three shots, one is a mic removal, but the other two actually open me for a great number of choices and ideas, this time I'd love to hear your thoughts about these and who knows what I'll discover.

The first shot is a woman dancing that has to be made disappear.. In 4 hours I'll have the files so I still don't know if it's a total mess or not as a shot, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to work around a lot of rotos. The request is to make her disappear in a shiny, interesting way.. So, something that can be said to be "Vfixy", pretty but well made. I have some ideas but I think they are pretty mainstream: what do You think about it? Any suggestion or tip comes to your mind?

The second shot is a really long one, 70Gigs of DPX. I will have to edit it also, but it seems that the request is to make it an oniric clip. Many people are eating and their thoughts comes to the screen, while the scene goes on those thoughts become more confusional and in the end they all goes on the clip at the same time, with a brief moment of pure chaos for then disappear completely. This clip is even freer than the last one, I'm of course thinking about maybe some masks and opacity games but do you have any thought about this?

As soon as I have the footage I'll maybe post it here to make things simpler, but thanks a lot to everyone who'll give me his/her time to invent something.

- Mike

"Freelance Post-Producer"

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Mail: snm.poggi@gmail.com
Mobile: +39 3349129191

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Two pretty interesting shots to fill with VFX
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 12:44:22 pm

I suggest splitting your questions in different posts and uploading stills. Makes it easier to give advice.
Of the top, I can suggest Particular and making the person dancing disappear using particles emitted from the shape you roto.32 bit project, glow and some time effects could help as well.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Michele PoggiRe: Two pretty interesting shots to fill with VFX
by on Sep 2, 2012 at 8:44:14 am

Sadly the shots are filmed so badly that instead of discussing those here I'll just have to take patience and work by myself, sadly these won't be so "creative".. Thanks. ;)

"Freelance Post-Producer"

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Mail: snm.poggi@gmail.com
Mobile: +39 3349129191

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]