ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

habbo style / pixelated animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Vangerhabbo style / pixelated animation
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 12:00:30 pm

Hi, I would like to create something in the same style as this (link below) and I can't figure out how it's done. Is it something you would do with the 3D model in cinema or would it be something you could achieve in AE?

I think this is the style that the above advert was emulating

but they've used 3D instead of traditional 2D animation

Any Guidance would be a great help

Return to posts index

michael zoppoRe: habbo style / pixelated animation
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 2:12:11 pm

It does seem like the characters were done in 3D, with the depth and perspective changes I would say they were designed in 3D, however I've been wrong before (I'm usually wrong actually). The rest of the elements could have been designed in Cinema but I could see you getting away with developing those assets in PS and animating them in AE. A lot of the elements besides the characters just drop in or rise up, their perspective does not really change so they could very well be 2D elements designed to look 3D. It's like when you design a cube in Photoshop then bring it into AE, duplicate it and stack them up on each other, it looks as if it's 3D even when it's animated but it's actually 2D.

Return to posts index

Russell AgroRe: habbo style / pixelated animation
by on Mar 21, 2013 at 11:46:56 am

That camera angle is called isometric, it's one of the options when choosing your camera in C4D. Not too sure about how to create the cartoon style, possibly cell renderer or sketch and toon. This is the 3D way that I'm aware of anyway...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved