ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Automatic Auto Trace

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon NocheAutomatic Auto Trace
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 8:19:38 am

Hi guys,

I know my subject sounds weird but i'll try to explain it as clear as I can.

Here's the case, what i want to happen is I want to have an auto trace in on of my compositions in a project which has a logo in it. Normally i can do this by selecting the layer then Layer> Auto trace. Now, It gives me a mask of the logo i have in that comp.

Question is, is there a way that if i drop a different logo in the same composition, it will trace the new logo automatically without doing the Layer>Auto Trace? Is there a script which does automatic tracing without doing the manual auto trace?

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Automatic Auto Trace
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 1:45:26 pm

Can you explain why would you want to do this? I mean, even if you find something that does auto trace for every frame on your comp...the created masks would have no relation with one another. So any effects that need a directly input from an specific mask won't work either.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Automatic Auto Trace
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 4:27:30 pm

You'll have to re-do the auto trace. If you simply use the Replace Footage command in the new comp, the solid will still contain the auto trace for the old logo... which probably won't work for you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tobias Harrison-BanfieldRe: Automatic Auto Trace
by on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:34:48 am

Hi Simon,

I also need to automate an auto-trace and am having no luck.
I know the settings I need so just want to loop through the selected comps and apply the auto-trace via script to each one. This way I can set them running over night.

Did you have any luck?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved