ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

HiDef output with After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary FrewinHiDef output with After Effects
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 7:22:14 am

I have a film that I rendered from Premier using the widescreen 720P setting, it's frame size is 1920x1080. I cannot for the life of me get it to render in high quality from After Effects.

I can select H264blueray, which will at least give me a hi def video (for youtube) but no sound, and nothing recognises the m4v filetype. Or I can try h264, and it forces me to shrink the video down to 720x480 and it looks terrible.

How can I get an mp4 file in hi-def??

Please help, I have a deadline today and I've been up all night trying to sort this problem. :`(

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: HiDef output with After Effects
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 7:47:03 am

Clarify one thing please: you say 720p, but then the frame size 1920x1080...? Which is it 1280x720 or 1920x1080?
You can render out of AE either using the render queue or using Adobe Media Encoder.
What I do is to render an uncompressed version from AE (QT Animation)- for audio, make sure you have the Audio option checked in the Render Settings. I then use Encoder to compress that file. You can find several presets for YouTube. H264 preset works great for YouTube.

You can open the AE project in Encoder, select the Comp you want rendered and choose the preset. This way you can compress and render at the same time, using the Variable 2 pass option that Encoder has and the AE renderer does not offer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved