ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

12 Core 3.0 ghz Mac Pro - 96 GB of Ram - Any thoughts/Issues - AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jolosky12 Core 3.0 ghz Mac Pro - 96 GB of Ram - Any thoughts/Issues - AE
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 6:39:12 am

12 core mac pro on it's way to my studio. I see OWC has the 96 GB ram config for these units. Budget is there, just wanting to hear from any "maxed out" folks if they've seen 96GB of Ram in action on the 12-core Mac Pros.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Philippe DomengieRe: 12 Core 3.0 ghz Mac Pro - 96 GB of Ram - Any thoughts/Issues - AE
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 8:51:46 am

Yes ! 96 GB as well as a very fast SSD for system and scratch and of course a big CUDA capable Nvidia Video card. I use a PC GTX 580 without any modification on Mountain Lion and CS6 and it rocks !

Return to posts index

David JoloskyRe: 12 Core 3.0 ghz Mac Pro - 96 GB of Ram - Any thoughts/Issues - AE
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 3:29:26 pm

Thanks so much for your response Phillipe. Would you be able to tell me exactly which flavor of GTX580 works. I'm interested in that card as well.

cheers

david jolosky, visual communications || design || construct || interact

Return to posts index

Philippe DomengieRe: 12 Core 3.0 ghz Mac Pro - 96 GB of Ram - Any thoughts/Issues - AE
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 5:31:59 pm

Any GTX 580 will work, but I would recommand to use a GTX 580 build around NVidia original design. No over clocking, nor special power needs. Any GTX 580 with standard clock speed and 1,5 or 3 GB of Vram. (3 GB is better but more difficult to find). I bought mine 270 $ on ebay, and it definitely rocks with AE CS6. You just have to modify a file inside AE app for your card to be fully recognize by Cuda accelerated processing in AE. Very simple, tutorial on Youtube.

Regards,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]