ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Time Remapping Lost In Dynamic Linking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David BeardTime Remapping Lost In Dynamic Linking
by on Aug 29, 2012 at 11:39:25 pm

Hi Gang,

Having a bit of an issue with some time remapping that I did in Premiere. I'm working with CS6. So I do all this fancy time remapping on my footage in premiere to give my client an idea what direction we were headed so I could lock an edit. Now I'm headed into AE to complete all of my compositing. Premiere did a pretty good job with it's time remapping built right into the clip, that I really had no reason to mess with it in AE, that is, until I viewed in in AE. For some reason, all of my curves between keyframes that existed in Premiere are no longer applied, and my time remapping is completely different then intended.

I was really hoping to avoid starting from scratch within AE. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening? I appreciate all your help.

I'm working with 4k HD .r3ds shots at 48fps in a 24fps time base.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Time Remapping Lost In Dynamic Linking
by on Aug 30, 2012 at 7:51:30 am

Dynamic Link seems to have issues with convoluted timelines and, I think, frame rate settings. Do you get the same issue if your timebase in PPro was 48fps (ie identical to the clip)? Does it help if you interpret the footage in PPro as 24fps?

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

David BeardRe: Time Remapping Lost In Dynamic Linking
by on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:39:07 pm

I can't set my timebase to 48fps. At least not with the settings that PP is presenting me with when I create a new sequence. My footage is technically 24fps, because that's what timebase it was shot to in the camera, I just performed some overcranking to get fluid motion when I needed it. So there is no need to interpret to 24fps, it's already there. I'm dealing with a dancers and fabric, so my plan was to shoot everything overcranked, and be able to adjust my speed in post to achieve 24fps if I needed it, but also always have 48fps when I needed it. In my edit, it's worked out great so far, but now I need to move on to all of my compositing, and my clips aren't retaining the time remapping I applied.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Time Remapping Lost In Dynamic Linking
by on Aug 30, 2012 at 7:32:39 pm

As Roland says, Dynamic Link and messing with time and frame rates aren't the best of friends. You may have to forego Dynamic link and simply export movies as needed from Premiere to overcome the problem.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved