I am new to After Effects, and tried a basic color change effect on one of my video clips. My attempt was to try and change the blue flag to red for about 4to 5 seconds and then back to blue.
The end result looks pretty shabby. When the change from blue to red happens, the surrounding pixels get red dots, also some of the blue remains blue and if i try to change that to red via a second color change effect, the surrounding landscape turns red.
Here's a link to my video:
Here's what I did:
1) After making my footage as the Composition, i renamed it layer1 and Corrected my exposure and color on My original footage to remove the bluish white balance on the entire video.
2) Then i copy pasted that layer and renamed it layer 2 placing it below layer 1.
3) On Layer1- Made a mask outlining the flag and ensured the mask path does not stray away from the flag by using keyframes.
4) For mask opacity i set 1st keyframe at 0 seconds at 100%, then 2nd keyframe was set to 100% on just 1 frame before my color change is supposed to end. 3rd keyframe is set to 0% on the immediate next frame.
5) I used the color change effect on the Layer 1 with the mask. Keyframed it at no value on 0 seconds and again to no value just 1 frame before color changee is supposed to happen. Next keyframe is on the next frame with the color change effect fed in. Placed the next keyframe for 4 seconds later with the same color effect. Then shifted 1 frame ahead and reset the color change back to the original.
Basically the color change takes place at the right time etc, only the red pixels smear the surrounding pixels. Any help on how it can be done better?
P.S. Sorry admin, I tried posting my video link via the code recommended but it was not showing up, so i put in my youtube code itself.