ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3d glass bubble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yuval caspi3d glass bubble
by on Aug 28, 2012 at 6:28:59 pm

i'm trying to figure out how to crate a big bubble in after effects or another 3d program.
we are trying to make a clip that happens in one location. in this clip there will be a woman standig inside a big bubble in the middle of the street, and people walking around.
there will be full long shots of the entire bubble and some closeups where you can't see the entire bubble, only a kind of a slightly round glass wall, and the woman standing behind it.

does anyone have an idea how to do it?

Return to posts index

keith mcgregorRe: 3d glass bubble
by on Aug 28, 2012 at 9:00:00 pm

If you are doing this as 2 layers: shoot her and a backplate video.

for closeups you could use the optics compensation to distort the background plate, and use a transparent copy for the foreground but try to get more of the highlights from it, not so much the full colors. Kinda like a maximum in Photoshop? For the sphere use ccsphere and use the backplate as the reflection and render full and reduce transparency as desired.

Use a sphere in Maya with refractions turned on and use the backplate as the reflected environment. Or use 3 planes with a portion of the backplate on each to get the distortion on the sides. Then render out a pass for reflection and shadows, and comp it!

Do a test first though.
More info could be used as this sounds like a per shot basis for the ideal solution.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: 3d glass bubble
by on Aug 28, 2012 at 9:50:50 pm

Perhaps some of the techniques in Rob Mize's Snowglobe Tutorial will be helpful.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved