ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Reduce Project in CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian KauffmannReduce Project in CS6
by on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:05:12 pm

I work at an animation studio that was stuck in the stone age using cs3 until recently when he finally made the leap to cs6. "Reduce Project" was a feature that we used neurotically to keep our projects orderly and efficient. However, when we made the switch to cs6 and I went to reduce the projects a few layers are deleted but the rest of the mess remains. If I try again I get this message "All project items are used either directly or indirectly by the selected items. Nothing was deleted." Which is not true as far as I can see.

I only have the main comp selected, and all of the layers, comps, etc. that are not in the comp should be deleted from the project. And they are not tied to the main comp indirectly either by expressions. Even when I delete every layer from the main comp and then try to reduce, unused layers and comps still remain in the project window. Did After Effects change something in how they reduce files from CS3? Am I missing something? It's making it hard to keep our files organized.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Robinson SampaioRe: Reduce Project in CS6
by on Sep 29, 2012 at 11:55:00 am

I have exactly the same issue. I can't figure out why the "Reduce Project" feature in CS6 doesn't do the job. Many, many nothing to do comps still on project and it doesn't make sense!

In CS5, it works flawlessly.

Return to posts index

Robinson SampaioRe: Reduce Project in CS6
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 9:22:55 am

Wohooo... I noticed today that the "Reduce Project" back to work as expected! So I thought it might be related to the new 11.0.2 update. Well, it is! Here is the notes:

After Effects CS6 (11.0.2) update
bugs fixed in this update
  • In After Effects CS6 (11.0.0 and 11.0.1), Reduce Project would retain any composition that had ever been referred to by the selected composition in an expression, even if that reference had since been removed. The change in After Effects CS6 (11.0.2) returns the behavior of Reduce Project to that of After Effects CS5.5 and earlier.

• So if you need to fix this issue, just go for this update, and everything backs to normal!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2016 All Rights Reserved