ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I compress 1080 HD video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian East
How do I compress 1080 HD video?
on Aug 27, 2012 at 10:02:38 am

I have a 4:20 video of football highlights that I need to compress after rendering with After Effects. My file size is 30GB and I need to compress this while keeping my quality. I work for a small local TV station but have to do my editing and rendering with my programs at home.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: How do I compress 1080 HD video?
on Aug 27, 2012 at 1:30:08 pm

If you are asking about the format you need to answer this question:
What is the compressed final output for?
If you need to be able to broadcast the show, ask for the specs from the tv station.
For BlueRay playback use a BlueRAy format... and so on.

As far as what software, Adobe Media Encoder is a good option. You can either compress the final render, or open up in Encoder the AE project, choose the comp you want to render and choose then a compression setting. It will take a while, but you'll get good results.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Brian East
on Aug 27, 2012 at 1:32:43 pm

I am needing to use this as a news segment and still save the HD quality. I know we use a 16:9 on any packages we get from CNN newssource.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Aug 27, 2012 at 2:03:56 pm

Then ask the tv station to provide you with the specs for their broadcast standard. I have delivered products for HD broadcast in a variety of formats- MPEG2, H264 and even uncompressed .avi (that station liked to do their own encoding), so there's really no universal standard, but whatever the specific workflow of the tv station needs.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 27, 2012 at 10:54:27 pm

Ted's right: go ask one of the engineers about what the media container & codec they'll accept for ingest into the server. You may NOT have to use MPEG2, but something else.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]