ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3d integration with C4D external compositing tag (lining up E3d objects within an animated C4d scene)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dean chapman
Element 3d integration with C4D external compositing tag (lining up E3d objects within an animated C4d scene)
on Aug 26, 2012 at 11:13:57 pm

I posted this in the C4D forum, but I thought i'd post here as well....

Just bought the AE plugin, Element 3d.....pretty neat.

Does anybody know the proper way to line up an Element 3d object within an exported (.aec) C4D scene?

I use the external compositing tag to pump out a reference object to AE, and then I've been trying to match Element's World Transform attributes to match the reference object's position, anchor, etc.....also adjusting scale...

I get close, but not precise.

Anybody screwing around with this?

THanks,

dean

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Element 3d integration with C4D external compositing tag (lining up E3d objects within an animated C4d scene)
on Aug 27, 2012 at 5:36:14 pm

why are you changing the world transform properties instead of just copy/paste your reference object' position into the Group/particle's position?

Anyway it should be working out just fine, what is you're getting different?

Return to posts index

dean chapman
Re: Element 3d integration with C4D external compositing tag (lining up E3d objects within an animated C4d scene)
on Aug 27, 2012 at 7:19:57 pm

Hi Cassius,

So here's what I am currently doing, incorporating your advice.... I am taking the x,y,z position of my Ref obj (From C4D), and plugging the same coordinates into the "Position XY", and "Position Z" within the "Particle Replicator" section of my Element attributes. Then I plug "-180" into the "Rotation Y" (under Particle Replicator). Then I have to change the "Size" within "Particle Look".

Doing this, I get soooo close....but not exact. It's always a couple pixels offset, and i must manually adjust the position.

-d

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Aug 27, 2012 at 8:10:50 pm

Is you reference object a solid that came from your C4D exported scene? Is this object steady or does it goes off just like element?

If a solid with the same attributes is perfectly lined in place it's possibly a fault within element, if not it's probably a camera missmatch between AE and C4d... check your camera properties (FOV, and so on).

Return to posts index

nick forshee
on Oct 19, 2012 at 3:32:19 pm

Here, after some messing around I've found a solid solution.
The trick is using a bounding box around your scene. Element
brings in you c4d as one whole mesh, assigning it new xyz coordinates
and giving it its own scale and orientation.

I made this to clear it up.

Return to posts index

dean chapman
on Oct 21, 2012 at 12:53:39 am

Very awesome Nick!

Thank you for problem solving this issue man.

-dean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]