ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dreamcolor monitor issues with Quadro 4000 for Mac via displayport

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer ChiuDreamcolor monitor issues with Quadro 4000 for Mac via displayport
by on Aug 26, 2012 at 1:21:30 am

I am connecting an HP Dreamcolor monitor to my mac pro (2008) via displayport connection to a Quadro 4000 for Mac graphics card. The quality is terrible - there is aliasing issues with text, and the color space options / dreamcolor engine is grayed out. I've seen this issue posted before but a solution was never posted. Has anyone come across this problem and solved it?

Thanks,

Jen

Return to posts index

Robert NarholzRe: Dreamcolor monitor issues with Quadro 4000 for Mac via displayport
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 5:55:13 pm

Jen,

I have the same issue. Have you found any solution yet?

Thanks

Robert

Return to posts index

Jennifer ChiuRe: Dreamcolor monitor issues with Quadro 4000 for Mac via displayport
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 6:41:12 pm

Hey Robert,

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet. My workaround that I'll end up doing is getting an Aja card or blackmagic card and connecting the dreamcolor to that instead of directly to the quadro card. Here's some really useful dreamcolor articles, but has nothing about directly connecting the dreamcolor to a quadro graphics card:

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/atepper/story/hp_dreamcolor_mac_conn...

If I ever come across a real solution, I'll post it here. Have you had any luck?

Jen

Return to posts index

Robert NarholzRe: Dreamcolor monitor issues with Quadro 4000 for Mac via displayport
by on Oct 4, 2012 at 7:13:43 pm

Jen,

Thanks for answering this old thread. I tried many things and it appears that the Dreamcolor simply does not like DisplayPort signals from the Quadro, period. For some reason, monitoring PremierePro through the Dreamcolor DisplayPort makes PP quite sluggish, too. So - as you say, it's back to good old AJA (or BM). I really had hoped to be able to stick a second Quadro into my Mac (as it just requires only one PCI slot), and hence have 3 monitors plus Dreamcolor options... but hey, I guess I'm getting greedy.

Thanks for the link!

And if you do find a solution... I can't wait. Greed dies last.

Yours

Robert

Return to posts index

Mart MännikRe: Dreamcolor monitor issues with Quadro 4000 for Mac via displayport
by on Oct 13, 2012 at 1:05:49 pm

Well I bet if you run it on the same machine but under Windows, it will work fine.
I see the same exact problems with displayport on a dual boot 2011 MBP (OSX 10.6.8) - with osx the picture looks awful, booting to Windows (7, 64bit) and everything works exactly how it should (meaning no aliasing, win reports 32 bit color and the Dreamcolor engine is working).

So I think it's definitely an osx (or some weird EDID, so basically still osx) issue first.
If anyone would shine in with a solution... :)

We are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...

Return to posts index

Mart ManicRe: Dreamcolor monitor issues with Quadro 4000 for Mac via displayport
by on Oct 13, 2012 at 1:38:19 pm

Oh, totally forgot about one important fact so answering my own concerns here - by provideocoalition the thunderbolt/displayport on a 2011 MBP outputs YUV (apparently under OSX it does) so it's a lemon.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 13, 2012 at 5:34:32 pm

Very interesting about the working Windows output. So it's the MacOS...? Do you know if all newer Macs (starting MacPro 2009) output YUV, or only the MacBook Pro?

Return to posts index

Mart ManicRe: Dreamcolor monitor issues with Quadro 4000 for Mac via displayport
by on Jan 8, 2013 at 7:36:40 pm

I think all that use displayport (or maybe it was due to an OS update, I can't remember exactly).
Google is your friend.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]