ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

9 News Graphic Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john Mark9 News Graphic Effect
by on Aug 25, 2012 at 8:47:05 am

I Love the national news graphics and one of these lower third graphics i like and would like to know if i could get this effect or do this effect in after effects?

I heard they do use after effects for this lower third
Sorry for the questions i have been asking
Thanks for anyone who helps

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Simon BonnerRe: 9 News Graphic Effect
by on Aug 25, 2012 at 4:01:45 pm

Hey John,

Well, this isn't a single effect per se. The graphic will have been built up from scratch, although this isn't really too difficult. Basically, it's a few solid layers coloured white, red and blue that have been animated to whoosh on at different speeds. It looks like ramp effects have been added to give variation in colour intensity (see e.g. the reporter's name, which is light blue on top and dark blue on the bottom).

The trickiest part is the rotating globe, but even that isn't very difficult to replicate. You just need a map of the Earth (Google Earth textures) which you add the CC Sphere effect to. Make it smaller, animate the rotation, and you're away.

You can then fiddle with it until it's prettified. Adding a lens flare, changing the color of the elements as they fade in, and so forth.

Simon Bonner

Return to posts index

john MarkRe: 9 News Graphic Effect
by on Aug 26, 2012 at 12:48:39 am

Thanks for the help, any chance of a quick example only if you can. If not thats fine, thanks again Simon.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved