ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS6 Cache is deleted when changing another composition?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rinny WilsonCS6 Cache is deleted when changing another composition?
by on Aug 24, 2012 at 8:14:09 pm

I have a rather large project that consists of several precomps, lined up consecutively, in one MAIN comp. These precomps have a few more layers of comps nested inside them. The problem is that it takes a good while to RAM preview the MAIN comp, and then I'll want to go into individual precomps and make adjustments. Here is what happens...

Let's say I RAM preview my entire MAIN comp, which is 10 precomps, and then go and make changes in precomp #5. When I go to rerender, the cache for everything on my timeline prior to where I made the change remains intact, but everything past that point needs to be rerendered, despite the fact that they don't overlap with precomp #5 and had no adjustments made.

As a test, I found that if I RAM preview just one precomp, make a change, preview again, and then delete that change, my old previewed cache is still available, just as it's meant to be with the global performance cache. This problem is a serious, serious drain on my workflow...does anyone know what might be wrong? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: CS6 Cache is deleted when changing another composition?
by on Aug 25, 2012 at 2:45:54 am

You're right on how things should work. There could be an issue with insufficient cache space. Try purging the cache from the Prefs Dialog and run through the exercise again to see if there is any improvement.

Of course there could also be a case that you've overlooked a KF or effect that will be affected further down the Timeline of the precomp.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved