ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Quicktime Preset not Rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Valentino LazAfter Effects Quicktime Preset not Rendering
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 12:11:58 pm

Hi I have had some trouble After effets(versions cs5/cs5.5/cs6) with Rendering any quicktime file on my PC(Windows 64-bit system).
Any help with overcoming this problem I would much appreciate.
I suspect it is the codecs on my pc... I have quicktime and itunes isntalled, I have allowed my firewall to allow communication. I have tried everything on this topic, but still no luck, I have never had this problem.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

keith mcgregorRe: After Effects Quicktime Preset not Rendering
by on Aug 24, 2012 at 3:57:09 pm

Did you post this on adobe forums? Try that as well, maybe some engineer can help. Maybe it has something to do with your custom QT settings? I don't know what your firewall has to do with it unless you are rendering across multiple machines.
You shouldn't be able to even see any codec your machine doesn't have installed, so that shouldn't be it. Post the QT settings, and in the meantime you can render out image sequences and compress them in another program to a different codec, or try the avi since you are on windows. And you have opened other qt movies and they work fine? Quicktime isn't a codec, it's a wrapper. The form of compression could be anything, it just has the .mov extension.
Never seen that error before...
sorry to not be of much help

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects Quicktime Preset not Rendering
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 5:47:41 pm

See this article for suggestions for troubleshooting QuickTime:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved