ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trapcode particular Mitosis replication

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo MasinTrapcode particular Mitosis replication
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 9:03:11 am

I know I should try to do it in 3D application but I'm wondering if it's possible to emulate a mitosis replication process in particular. I'm not interested in the realistic blob mesh aspect of cells, just the replication: 1 particles divides in 2, these 2 divide in 4, these 4 divide in 8 and so on...
Maybe with some expression to the bounce which generates aux system?
Do you have any idea? Even with other plug-ins or native effects?

Return to posts index

Matteo MasinRe: Trapcode particular Mitosis replication
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 10:35:16 am

Ok. I did something quite right with Particle Playground. Basically it uses a black layer which becomes white (with brightness animated) as a "selection map" to generate new particles from the existing ones; so when the layer is white it divides the particles in new ones.

Now I would need an expression to say that every time the brightness value of the solid is 100 the scale of the new particles would be the half of the previous value. That's because Particle Playground divide existing particles according to a scale value (If the existing particle has a value of 100 and the new particles radius is set to 50 it divides the main particle in 4).
In practice I would need to divide in two the value of the scale every time the brightness of the selection map layer turns to 100. Can some Expression guru help me?

I don't think in Particular you have the possibility to generate Aux particles from the new ones but only from the main emitter...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved