ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Best Computer for AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leon EdwardBest Computer for AE?
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 7:26:23 am

Hi, I have been ghosting these forums but now I need to ask the experts a v important question. I have been somehow doing (fairly basic) kinetic typography on my Vaio laptop (see specs here) using AE CS3. The Vaio has 2 GB of RAM and that is the limit unfortunately.

I would like to get a new laptop. What would you advise? (budget approx $1,500). I like Macs but they tend to be more expensive. I probably won't ever be doing super super complicated Trapcode Particular animation although I do use Trapcode effects at times. I don't mind buying 2nd hand. I found this on ebay - any good?

I have read on forums people have upgraded only to find out it wasn't so much their computer that was at fault but rather their AE settings. Evidently my current laptop is not really appropriate for After Effects, but my dilemma is how to upgrade to a computer that isn't excessively high end or only marginally better than what I currently own.

Here is an example of my work to see what kind of things I am working on in AE (and Flash).

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Best Computer for AE?
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 5:42:42 pm

See this page for information about hardware for After Effects (and Premiere Pro):

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved