ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Lower third Technique/Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john MarkLower third Technique/Effect
by on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:26:01 pm

I want to get this technique were when the lower third enters the screen you do not see the world until the very end, so when the lower third in entering the screen you only see white bar then the world, so how can I do this?

So when the lower third is entering you only see white bar entering first (first link)

http://f1.creativecow.net/4576/4576?uploaded=file

And in this link see how the lower third is staring to show the world at the end.

http://f1.creativecow.net/4575/4575?uploaded=file

Thanks to anyone who helps, if this did not make sense please tell me :)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Lower third Technique/Effect
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 1:18:53 am

Many methods to creating an effect like this, but the way I would do it would be to use a track matte. So I would create my background and animate it's position, then duplicate the layer. Now create your text an animate that from offscreen to it's final position.

Now place the text underneath the duplicate and change it's track matte to alpha matte.

Here's a quick project demonstrating the technique: 4577_lowerthirdanimation.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

john MarkRe: Lower third Technique/Effect
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 5:57:49 am

I understand how to do all of that, but i needed to know when the lower third slides onto screen I want to know how they keep the lower third sliding in with no picture of the world until it shows at the end were the 7 news logo is, because i have one white bar sliding in just like in the clip and i have added the world feature as a separate layer when i put the slide effect in, the world shows before it gets to the end, so basically its sliding with the white lower third but i want world being shown at the end just like the clip.

Sorry mate this is a hard one to explain. Hope made sense

(Stop clip at 10 sec) picture showing

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Lower third Technique/Effect
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 7:10:26 am

To me it looks like it's just a matter of animating the elements from left to right. As far as the globe image in the bar, you can just precompose the image over the white bar and animate a quick disolve in using the opacity timing it to the moment where the bar ends it's animation.
Just as a tip- most animations you see on news shows are built using simple techniques like disolves and position change.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on Aug 23, 2012 at 9:58:05 am

Thank you all for your help, have a look of what I have tried to accomplish.

http://f1.creativecow.net/4578/4578?uploaded=file

Return to posts index

by on Aug 23, 2012 at 10:03:37 am

If any one could make it more like the one in the clip and fix it up that will be much appreciated and send me the download of it.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]