ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is the trapcode horizon plugin best tools for camera mapping on panorama images?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ali khoshdouni
Is the trapcode horizon plugin best tools for camera mapping on panorama images?
on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:10:48 pm

I was wathing some tutorial about camera move on images. thay was using trapcode horizon for that. but are there any other plugin for this work?

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
Re: Is the trapcode horizon plugin best tools for camera mapping on panorama images?
on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:21:17 pm

In CS6 there are now Environment Layers that do the same kind of mapping. The might only be available in the new Ray Trace mode, however. I have not compared the two as to which is better.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

ali khoshdouni
Re: Is the trapcode horizon plugin best tools for camera mapping on panorama images?
on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:34:43 pm

I was trying for environment layer. but when i right click on jpeg layer in time line environment layer is desable for clicking.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:47:31 pm

[ali khoshdouni] "I was trying for environment layer. but when i right click on jpeg layer in time line environment layer is desable for clicking."

You must be using the Ray-traced 3D renderer. CS6 does not do environment mapping in the default Classic 3D renderer.

If you have VCP Element 3D, you could use that to add a camera-aware environment to a Classic 3D scene.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:07:05 pm

If you have After Effects CS6 then you should have Perspective > CC Environment, which does the same sort of AE camera aware spherical mapping as Trapcode Horizon (without the options for generating gradients directly in the effect).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Chip Simons
on Aug 29, 2012 at 8:46:21 pm

Check your render settings in the top right corner if it says Classic 3D change it to ray-traced 3d and the Environmental layer submenu item should become available. You should also have the image layer 3d turned on. Rendering will take considerably longer with ray-tracing though. Sorry, I did not see Walter's post.
-Chip Simons

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]