ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Batch Change Background Color

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared NelsonBatch Change Background Color
by on Aug 22, 2012 at 3:30:24 am

I have a project with a lot of compositions. And I need to change the background color to all the compositions. This is a process I might have to do multiple times. Does anyone know of a script that might do that for me so that I don't have to do it manually. Or even if there was a way to do it in the render que, which i don't think there is, but it would be nice. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Barend OnneweerRe: Batch Change Background Color
by on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:58:20 am

You can do this with scripts or expressions, but couldn't you just create a colour background in Photoshop and place it in all the comps, and when you need to change the colour: just adjust the .psd file?

Or am I mistunderstanding what you're trying to do?

Raamw3rk - independent colourist and visual effects artist

Return to posts index

Jared NelsonRe: Batch Change Background Color
by on Aug 22, 2012 at 7:15:49 am

WOW, I am stupid. Why didn't I think of that. That is a brilliant idea. Even better I could just make a background composition. I feel silly for even posting this one. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Batch Change Background Color
by on Aug 22, 2012 at 11:29:44 am

If it's just a background change, put that in it's own precomp and put that precomp into all the compostions. Then when you need to change all the BKG's, you change the one and all will update.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved