ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anton ShuMotion Blur
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 9:38:01 am

Hello community. Is there a way to turn off motion blur for all comps/precomps/layers etc (for faster preview purposes) with a "single click"?
Anton

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Motion Blur
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 10:24:41 am

Yes- you can turn it off using the switch at the top of the layers in the Timeline panel. Check the following link for more info:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Anton ShuRe: Motion Blur
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 10:49:46 am

Maybe I was not clear. I have lots of precomps, so that switch does not work, I have to go mannualy in every comp and turn that motion blur swith off. I have 3 steps of compositions..

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Motion Blur
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:21:48 pm

As long as you turn that off in your main comp, it should be turned off for all precomps inside it. The same if you turn it on.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Anton ShuRe: Motion Blur
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:42:54 pm

You are right. And I want to fill this gap..
scenario: main comp motion blur is off. precomped comp motion blur is on. in main comp there is still motion blur visible, but clicking on that switch to turn on, and again click to turn off, there you go..motion blur is off of all comps.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion Blur
by on Aug 21, 2012 at 8:56:24 pm

Sorry, but there isn't an easy way to do what you seek. You'll have to do this within the nested comps.

Incidentally, this is a feature, not a bug: there are many occasions when you want motion blur only on designated layers. Adobe figures you know what you want when you enable motion blur in a nested comp.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]