ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

C4D to AE export problem.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murat ErozturkC4D to AE export problem.
by on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:10:59 pm

Hi folks!

After lurking for years i finally decided to create a account and participate in the forums :)
Sorry if this question is in the wrong section, was doubting if it was AE or C4D section. Anyway here i go;

I wanted to create a little iphone presentation, now i exported the iphone with alpha channel and everything, external composite tag with solid to After Effects. The problem i get in AE is that the solid i got from C4d is now obstructing the 3d model, so if i where to apply a video to that solid to show on the screen of the phone, it will show through the backside of the phone as well.

I understand this is a very basic question and problem but i have searched all over the web and haven't found the aswer, i am sure i was searching wrong.

Attachments show the issue, hope someone can help me out!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: C4D to AE export problem.
by on Aug 20, 2012 at 2:49:46 pm

When you post an image on the COW, you have to read the fine print on the image upload page: you must copy and paste either the link or embed codes from the image uploader into your message. Otherwise, though you have uploaded the image, it will not appear in your post.

Nonetheless, I'll guess at your issue. In addition to the External Compositing tag, which tells C4D to export 3D data about the object, you must also use a regular Compositing tag and add the image to an object buffer. On output, you must add an object buffer multipass.

An object buffer is a grayscale matte which shows transparency; in this case, by using the object buffer as a luma matte for your screen replacement, the screen will be hidden when it is not seen by C4D's camera and thus will not show through the back incorrectly.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Murat ErozturkRe: C4D to AE export problem.
by on Aug 20, 2012 at 5:41:55 pm

Thanks for the tip about the images upload, i did something wrong there but i figured the description was informative enough to recognize the problem.

It worked ! Thanks a ton!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved