ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Error message

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Wood
Error message
on Aug 18, 2012 at 7:40:03 pm

When I try to render a 25 sec video i get and error message that says:

After Effects Error: Shatter: insufficient free memory (unable to allocate 7477000 bytes) (4).....

I can't rembmer the exact number of bytes if it makes a difference.

The file is big but even making t smaller didn't help. Also i found someone with the same problem and i went into the system to change the virtual memory from something like 1489 to 200000 mb. That was on my D drive, but i still think the computer is trying to render via the C drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is something i left out in the description let me know and i'll trying to fill in any missing details. Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Ruud van Gerven
Re: Error message
on Aug 18, 2012 at 7:44:24 pm

Hey Joshua,

In AE go to Edit > Preferences > Memory & Multiprocessing. U can try to change the ram reserved for other applications. Maybe that helps. U can also press Ctrl+Alt+*(from numpad) to clear all memory in AE.

Gd luck,

Grtz Ruud

Return to posts index

Joshua Wood
on Aug 18, 2012 at 7:59:44 pm

I tried what you said. Maximum memory usage is at 100% the RAM cache size is at 100% the disk cache is 200000 MB with the cache folder on the D drive in a folder named disk chache. I created this folder from the default on the C drive. The media cache is the same folder. Should i enable the tion under multiprocessing that say render more than one frame at once?

Return to posts index

Joshua Wood
on Aug 18, 2012 at 8:10:12 pm

Inturned on multrocessimg and it working like a charm.

Return to posts index

Ruud van Gerven
on Aug 18, 2012 at 8:58:02 pm

haha yep multrocessing makes a big difference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]