ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Location problem Optical Flares when using Optical Flares plugin + Luminance source mode

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruud van Gerven
Location problem Optical Flares when using Optical Flares plugin + Luminance source mode
on Aug 18, 2012 at 6:02:38 pm

Hello Everyone!

I've got a little problem with the Optical flares plugin, that i can't seem to fix. The problem occurs when i put the optical flares effect on a solid, when i put it on the video source layer it doesnt.

The problem:

I'm using the luminance mode as a soure for the optical flares because there's sunlight entering my scene. When i slide the treshold slider (and keep my left mousebutton pressed to a value where the position of the flares is correct, everything seems fine, but when i release the slider/mouse button, my optical flare jumps to the top right of the scene where there is no luminance data...

Like I said I don't have this problem when i place the optical flares plugin on my original source footage. I would like to rotate the solid with OF so it matches the perspective of my source layer.

I've added 2 screenshots where u can see me holding the slider, and releasing it.

I hope u guys can help me with this issue!

Thanks!!

Grtz RUud

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Location problem Optical Flares when using Optical Flares plugin + Luminance source mode
on Aug 19, 2012 at 4:37:12 pm

Everything looks fine - perhaps it's an OpenGL issue. What you can do to overcome the issue is to duplicate the footage and apply OF to the copy on top (timeline hierarchy). Then set its Blending Mode to Screen or Add.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Ruud van Gerven
Re: Location problem Optical Flares when using Optical Flares plugin + Luminance source mode
on Jan 4, 2013 at 11:02:57 am

Hey Roland! You are right, its probably an opengl error, seeing as i had some of them before :p I removed the OF in that scene because it was actually nicer with out it, and in the scenes that i did use it, the problem didn't occur :D

Thanks for your reply!

Grtz Ruud

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]