ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Slow ramping up particles in Particular?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darryl TorkeSlow ramping up particles in Particular?
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 3:24:26 am

I am trying to achieve an effect I cannot seem to get out of particular. It is this: I would like my particles to appear, then begin to move to the right slowly at first, but then speed up greatly. Similar to 'easing' motion one can do with a normal after effects layer.

I would like this effect on all particles that come out of the emitter. Slow, then faster and faster. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Slow ramping up particles in Particular?
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 6:19:24 am

Here's what I use to achieve a similar effect: I do my animation in Particular, precomp the layer and then time remap the comp to get the desired speed changes. This way AE renders out all frames and I get a better control.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Slow ramping up particles in Particular?
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 8:04:55 am

Mr. Torke
You can also try to animate "Wind X" Property of particles.
1. Say you have an animation of 10 seconds.
2. Then for first 2 secs let "Wind x=0" then at 5th sec inc. its value to 50(Approx.) to give a slow motion towards right.
3. Than at 7th sec inc. "Wind x to 1000". This will make particles to move suddenly towards right. You try to even inc. the value more than 1000. Change last key frame to easy ease in. and chamge the graph according to requirement.

As Mr. Jeluscu has said you can also use time remapping.

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Slow ramping up particles in Particular?
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 7:08:32 pm

You can use a motion path... so their speed will be the same as an animated null for example.

physics -> air -> motion path.

Usual workflow is to create a light, rename it Motion Path 1. link it to a null and turn it off (so it wont affect your 3d layers).

now animate that null as you would.

tip: set the emitter position to the same start position of your null...and you can get a good idea of its motion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved