ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

key command to create new keyframe?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kit Webster
key command to create new keyframe?
on Aug 14, 2012 at 8:01:50 am

At the moment I am using the time remap effects in AE6

for me to create a time keyframe for this I have to change the time on the layer, and a keyframe is created.

Is there a key command that will do this instead? I mean, just say the time of the footage is at 3:30:29

and I want to create a keyframe at that time, also keeping it at 3:30:29.

Reason I want to do this is so any footage after that keyframe will be remapped, it that frame will remain the same.

Hope this makes sense.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: key command to create new keyframe?
on Aug 14, 2012 at 2:37:46 pm

[Kit Webster] "for me to create a time keyframe for this I have to change the time on the layer, and a keyframe is created. Is there a key command that will do this instead? I mean, just say the time of the footage is at 3:30:29"

Usually Option or Alt+Shift plus the shortcut for the property adds a keyframe. However, that doesn't seem to work with the property shortcut for Time Remapping (RR), since it conflicts with the property shortcut for rotation (R).

However, rather than fiddling the values back and forth, you can click the "Add Keyframe" button for the time remapping property to add a keyframe for the current value at the position of the current time indicator. That's the diamond button, in between the two triangle buttons, on the same line of the Timeline panel as the time remapping property, under the the layer visibility, volume, solo, and lock toggles.

See this image:

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Kit Webster
Re: key command to create new keyframe?
on Aug 15, 2012 at 7:36:08 am

Thanks!

Return to posts index