ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

OWC Jupiter Mini-SAS

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George AlexopoulosOWC Jupiter Mini-SAS
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 9:21:28 pm

Are there any AE users out there planning on buying the upcoming mini-SAS SAN solution from OWC?

I was wondering if this system will work well for my production set up. I have 2 MacPro towers, 2 Macbook Pro laptops, and 4 mac mini. I have been trying to find an affordable solution that is faster than Gigabit ethernet network I am currently using. I need to have one centralized location for all the media for workflow, organization, and of source easy network rendering. Problem with using a gigabit network is that it is too slow for my workflow as I typically am working on canvases ranging in 10,000 - 14,000 pixels (I create content for large HD video walls). Also you loose the sped of the RAID as soon as it gets to the Gigabit network. I constantly need to bring things to my local RAID drives to get work done. This solution from OWC looks promising... any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Erik LindahlRe: OWC Jupiter Mini-SAS
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 10:33:22 am

Very interesting! I would imagine a thunderbolt > minisas solution will come as well which won't keep smaller desktops / laptops out of the solution.

- Server and finishing systems with PCIe running at the full 48 Gb/s
- Smaller editing systems and laptops with Thunderbolt running at 10 Gb/s.

Anyone know when this solution will be released? What's the limitations of cable lengths?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved