ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Opening a mocha AE CS6 project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham HutchinsOpening a mocha AE CS6 project
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 2:05:36 am

Hello all,

I must be missing something, because I can't seem to find anyone that's having this issue.

How do I re-open a saved mocha AE CS6 project?

I can save them, but when I double click or try to open the application, I get "License Error: mocha AE CS6 must only be launched from After Effects".

I get that I can launch mocha from AE in the animation tab, but do I really have to send a random clip from AE and then cancel just to get access to the open project function?

Doesn't really make much sense to me.

Thanks for your time.

OSX 10.7.4, Windows 7
Adobe CS6
FC Studio 3
DaVinci Resolve
Octo 2.26GB MacPro, 32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Opening a mocha AE CS6 project
by on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:20:21 am

It's a bit cumbersome but once you've saved a mochaAE project file with CS6, the only way to access the project file is to initiate mochaAE from CS6 and then load the mochaAE project.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Opening a mocha AE CS6 project
by on Aug 13, 2012 at 6:04:52 pm

This is correct. mocha AE CS6 is not available as a stand alone app anymore. It needs to be launched from within AE CS6 animation menu.
This was a decision made by Adobe After Effects team and allows mocha AE CS6 to be supported for all AE installs: trials, educational and cloud support.

Please note that for $199 you can upgrade to mocha AE v3 from Imagineer Systems (or Toolfarm) which adds FCP, Motion, Boris support and new 3D camera solver. mocha AE v3 or mocha Pro v3 are opened as stand alone applications.

Please check the compare guide for more details:

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved