ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

TEN NEWS Logo. | Ellipse bumper (with A & B footage) | Lens Flares

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian AarliTEN NEWS Logo. | Ellipse bumper (with A & B footage) | Lens Flares
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 9:26:52 am

I have some questions here. First I would like to know how to make the light edges in this logo. And how to animate it rotating synced in it.
(video example in the bottom of the Post)

Then I want to know how I easy can make an ellipse bumper.. And continously ellipse signals from the logo (look in the vid..) You see in the vid that these signal rings are emitting from the logo. And in the end turns to a bumper. So how can I make the bumper that way that it really transits between the intro and a video footage afterwards?

If you look at the intro, you quickly see some lens flares. How can I make those wide lens flares?? And one the last letter ('E'), when the text is animating out of the logo, it's a little light.. Which effect??

Hope you can help me! :D

Best Regards, Kristian

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: TEN NEWS Logo. | Ellipse bumper (with A & B footage) | Lens Flares
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 2:10:03 pm

1. To make these ellipse you can use "Radio Waves" Effects from GENERATE menu(effects>generate>radio waves). You can control the width from stroke menu. Also to sync it with sound try to key the EXPANSION attribute.

2. For creating the flare, you can go for Video Copilot's Optical Flares Plug-in. This is the best for creating flares. You will get more then 100 presets and the one you need.

and I am still searching for those light edges at corners.

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

keith mcgregorRe: TEN NEWS Logo. | Ellipse bumper (with A & B footage) | Lens Flares
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 6:22:05 pm

The light edges could just be a plain white solid with an oval mask squished and feathered, and probably has been expanded a little, to give it a "button" look to it. (There are many tuts for this but they use webpages as examples and photoshop for the creation).
You could set it for "add" and even use an adjustment layer just above the white solid and use a fast blur to get even more fuzziness. Use an expression pickwhip to parent the position of the white solid to the layer under it and rotate the white solid to your hearts content. But make sure you place the anchor point for the white solid to the center of the circle it rotates around.
Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: TEN NEWS Logo. | Ellipse bumper (with A & B footage) | Lens Flares
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 7:45:02 pm

In After Effects,that's quite a bit of work for something so brief, but the look is well worth it.

The animated, growing circles can be done in a number of ways. The simplest way is to work in a square-pixel comp, and animate the keyframes of two circular masks on a comp-sized solid. Once you have one or two done, they can be used over and over for various purposes. You'd use them as track mattes, you'd vary opacity, and you'd vary blend modes, and you'd vary colors.

The glint on the letter e -- not technically a lens flare -- can also be done with a solid and an animated mask with some feather and an animated Glow effect applied, which is then parented to the text.

I would put the initial animated circles in the main comp, with each layer using an instance of the circle logo as a track matte. This makes it appear that the circles are growing out behind the logo.

The world map also has an animated single-circle track matte applied to it, and the animated circle's opacity is animated to create transparency, revealing other animated circles in a nested comp over a transparent background.

The whole thing is rendered out as an alpha-channeled movie, and simply laid over the rolling video through the control room's digital switcher.

There's a guy in Australia well-known for this kind of work named John Dickenson. It's worth a google.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved