ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

QT h.264 - New Retina MPB

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philipe Karlsson
QT h.264 - New Retina MPB
on Aug 7, 2012 at 8:50:40 pm

hello,

i just got my new retina mpb and started working on a video project. i just did some quick testrenders, and i realized that the filesize is huge! im rendering 1280x720 QT H.264 with 90% quality. 16 sec total and the filesize is around 400mb!

i been doing a lot of exports and i cant understand why this is happening - what i can remember these setting above is quite universal and bullet proof.

"if i export h.264, mp4 with 2mbps / vimeo settings, i get bellow 5 mb."

what could be the issue in alternative 1, codec corruption?

ps. i have quick time pro installed.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: QT h.264 - New Retina MPB
on Aug 8, 2012 at 1:10:35 am

[Philipe Karlsson] ""if i export h.264, mp4 with 2mbps / vimeo settings, i get bellow 5 mb."
"

I'm not having this issue on the retina mbp so it must be something else. I assume you are using the Render Queue and not exporting. When choosing the H.264 format I have access to the MainConcept controls.

My preference is to render a lossless, uncompressed version then compress using Adobe Media Encoder.

Return to posts index

Philipe Karlsson
Re: QT h.264 - New Retina MPB
on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:09:53 pm

i just tried the settings you posted and it works great! i just want to know when choosing the main format as quicktime with h.264 compressing bellow, cause a massive file? i used this method before without any problems.

thanks for input

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]