ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

create gradient along path.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wim roegelscreate gradient along path.
by on Aug 6, 2012 at 4:13:51 pm

there are a couple of tutorials around, but unfortunatly I still have not found the right answer.

AIM: I want to draw a mask and have a stroke for this mask, but with a gradient along (start black, end white) to use this gradient for a wipe later on.

Can someone give me hint how to achive that? Do I have to buy a plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: create gradient along path.
by on Aug 6, 2012 at 7:24:59 pm

Mr. Roegels, after trying some method I found the solution for you. Follow the steps below:
1. Draw your mask.
2. Apply Stroke effect.
3. In Effects Control window, Go to Paint Style and choose 'Reveal Original' or "On Transparent'.
4. Now apply Ramp Effect from Generate menu.
5. This will give you a mask with gradient.

Hope this may solve your problem :)

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: create gradient along path.
by on Aug 7, 2012 at 7:32:22 am

Use a Shape Layer coupled with Gradient Stroke Shape Operator. Gradient Stroke allows for more than 2-colored gradients and a wee bit more precision with the start/end of the gradient. There is also the additional benefit that Shape Layers are vector imagery which can then be scaled as and when required, without impinging on pixelation issues. You may also combine other Shape Operators to create more interesting effects.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved