ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d Photo Particular Loop:reward!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Arnold3d Photo Particular Loop:reward!
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 12:59:54 am

I'm pulling my hair out on this one....

I need to loop photos in 3d space coming at the camera. Rob Birnholz did a great tutorial on it here:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/birnholz_rob/red_giant_3d_montage.p...

So I made my bacground in form have everything set up...But to loop the photos in a 60 second loop, first frame is the last etc etc I am having significant trouble with. I can't figure it out. I tried blurring in the next set but the client didn't like it. They want an infinite loop of pictures in z space. I have tried a million things but just can't seem to figure it out.

Any suggestions?

The clip we're using as a basis is the background Oprah has in this clip

You can see the BG well around 7:45

I'll paypall 50 bucks to the person who can help me with this asap. Thanks in advance...

C.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: 3d Photo Particular Loop:reward!
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 6:57:14 am

Try this - http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2012/01/basics-of-seamless-looping-animati...

It's really a poor explanation of how to loop but it should help you to sort out your issues.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Chuck ArnoldRe: 3d Photo Particular Loop:reward!
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 11:34:51 am

Thanks Roland, that's not exactly what I'm looking for though. I understand the concept behind looping, and I've created the looping background no problem, it's the photo part I'm having trouble with. I found 'the loopmaker' and I'm going to DL it and see if that works, but any other solutions are welcome...

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: 3d Photo Particular Loop:reward!
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 4:08:59 pm

Heya Chuck, I'm not sure what the 'loopmaker' is but the tutorial URL I posted earlier does what you need - ie it allows you to loop stuff without dissolving or blurring the 'joints' which is what most background looping techniques use.

The trick is to start and end the preliminary photo sequence with a blank comp. IOW, start with nothing on screen and then animate the photos across the comp. Then end the sequence by animating the last batch of photos across the comp; ending with a blank comp. Use this sequence as the precomp for the looping technique in the tutorial I link I provided.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]