ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

rendering only a certain part..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bin Yong Choorendering only a certain part..
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:21:09 pm

Hi, i am wondering if there is a way to just only render a certain part of the entire movie and then to merge the existing movie with the new rendered part?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: rendering only a certain part..
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:53:09 pm

To set your render region, Press "B" to set where you want your render to start, "N" for where it finishes. Import the completed render and layer it over the existing movie.

I would suggest rendering to a lossless codec like Animation and match the frame rate and size of your existing movie.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: rendering only a certain part..
by on Aug 6, 2012 at 4:17:51 am

Another option: render to image sequences. Instead of saving the animation into a single movie file, After Effects can save it as a folder of still images, one file per frame.

When you need to re-render, you can simply overwrite only the frame range you need to change.

You can then use After Effects itself or a compression application to stitch the image sequence into a movie file for distribution.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: rendering only a certain part..
by on Aug 6, 2012 at 7:01:26 pm

Keys 'B' and 'N' will set the in and out point for your comp respectively as said by John . After selecting the In and Out points you can also trim your comp just to avoid confusion. Right click on Timeline Ruler(the bar) and select 'Trim comp to work area'. This will help you even more.

I am a keen learner and am very keen on pursuing a career in the animation industry. My artistic skills are mostly self-
taught. I have a deep knowledge base of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved