ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Animate Text Tracking Preset Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobias Van KleeckAnimate Text Tracking Preset Problems
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 12:43:01 am

HI all - thanks in advance for any and all help.

I am simply trying to animate the characters in a word so that the kerning increases as if the word is stretching out from the center. I looked in the text animation presets and boom - theres it was - the Increase Tracking preview was showing exactly what I wanted. But, when I applied the preset, it was only stretching the word from the left side - even when I moved the anchor point to the very center. I dove into the options of the Animator in the Text property but couldn't find the solution.

Hopefully this describes the issue clearly enough - thanks again for any help!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Animate Text Tracking Preset Problems
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 1:23:47 am

Just learned this today, courtesy of Roland. Open up your text and before your tracking animator, add the animator Line Anchor(if you already have your tracking applied, just grab the "Animator #"(Line Anchor) and move above it in the order). Now just move the line anchor to determine where the tracking occurs...0% will start from left, 100% the right.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tobias Van KleeckRe: Animate Text Tracking Preset Problems
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:04:58 am

Awesome! This is why I love Creative Cow. Thanks, John!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved