ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mocha track when subject goes in and out of frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy bayMocha track when subject goes in and out of frame
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 10:59:51 pm

I'm tracking a 360 panning shot in Mocha. Let's say the subject (a painting on the wall) is visible during frames 0-200 and 300-400. How can I track the subject so that I get the data from all the frames when it's visible on a single layer?

In old AE tracker I would just alt+drag the trackpoint and the track would pick up perfectly.

In Mocha I can't figure it out. I know I could always do two separate tracks in Mocha and merge them in AE, but I'm pretty sure there is a better way. I really would like to stay in Mocha since I don't need AE at all in my current workflow (my output from Mocha is a just text file).

How could I succesfully track and object popping in and out of screen in Mocha?

Für Infos über Dortmund besuche

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Mocha track when subject goes in and out of frame
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 12:52:39 am

That's not possible. mocha allows you to export tracking data from a single layer, unlike its shape feature, which allows the export of more than one roto/tracked layer.

You can track non-contiguous areas of the timelines but the Surface Area will only be correctly locked to one of those areas. Your best bet, as you already know, is to commit to two tracks in mocha. Just ensure that the Timeline Indicator is position at the correct time in AE, when pasting mocha's tracked data.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved