ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Multiple artists working on the same .ae project - how to merge

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt ComradskiMultiple artists working on the same .ae project - how to merge
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 4:56:07 pm

Hello all,

I'm 99.9% sure the answer is 'No', but... Is there an efficient way of combining comps from different artists into a single comp? I'm not talking about a simple 'import', but rather merging keyframes for the same layers. Example:

Artist 1 is applying a color effect to layers 1 through 10.
Artist 2 is applying a glow effect to layers 1 through 10 (exactly the same ones as Artist 1) on a different computer.
Artist 3 is applying something else to those same layers 1 through 10 on yet another computer.

This is by no means a great pipeline and kind of happened towards the end of a project, so please don't judge the setup lol... My guess is there isn't an easy way of doing this, other than copy/pasting effects, keyframes, etc. from all different comps into one - WHICH IS A PAIN.

If you have another method, please share. I'm pretty sure there isn't, but hey I can ask, right?

Thanks

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Multiple artists working on the same .ae project - how to merge
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 5:34:16 pm

There is script that might be of use to you, not terribly expensive, but it might be what you need. Looks like it has a free trial, so you might want to check it out and see how it works with 6.0 before going all in and buying it.

Project Sync

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Matt ComradskiRe: Multiple artists working on the same .ae project - how to merge
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 7:05:07 pm

That's one cool script, will have to check it out, thanks! After reading up on it, my reservations were confirmed that it can't sync the same project file between multiple artists. It can sync/combine multiple projects (that are unique) into one master comp.

In the meantime, we've halted our current setup and identified clear boundaries of what each person is doing. Yes, it's hell and a few days away from the deadline, of course lol

Thanks!

--

Redpandavfx

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Multiple artists working on the same .ae project - how to merge
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 7:42:41 pm

Sorry about that, misunderstood what you were asking for.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]