ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warning regarding The Foundrys Camera Tracker for AE (CS6 for PC)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom DaigonWarning regarding The Foundrys Camera Tracker for AE (CS6 for PC)
by on Aug 2, 2012 at 10:49:40 pm

Just a heads up about the Foundrys Camera Tracker for AE. I like it better then the one built into AE when you need more control to work on a challenging track.
I just moved to PC so after installing CT 1.0v4 ( in AE CS6) I bumped into a bug that prevents me from using the software. I found other folks on the Luxology and Video Coplilot websites that have had the same experience.
Basically you can initially Track the clip, but when you try the second step in the process {Solve the Camera) the software freezes and AE no longer responds.The Foundry is aware of my experience and is looking into it.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Warning regarding The Foundrys Camera Tracker for AE (CS6 for PC)
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:26:26 am

Thanks for the heads up Tom. I actually updated to V1.4 and had it installed. Fortunately, I was too tied on a project to take it for a test drive.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: Warning regarding The Foundrys Camera Tracker for AE (CS6 for PC)
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:28:34 am

Glad to help Roland. Hopefully it will be replicated and resolved soon.

Tom Daigon

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Warning regarding The Foundrys Camera Tracker for AE (CS6 for PC)
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:33:18 am

Tom, I can assure you that I won't be doing any replicating on my end. lol! Gonna get busy with Newton, with the little time I have.

FWIW, I got in touch with The Foundry eons ago that their pre-1.4 was buggy with CS6. After confirming the issue, I never heard from them again.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:37:04 am

Actually I meant THEY would replicate and then fix :D Im shocked that you mentioned it to them. Did you file a tech report. It would be good ammnunition to use since I found several other folks on the web (Luxology and Video Copilot) with problems.

Tom Daigon

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:43:51 am

I think I did file a tech report. They did get back to me, to check on the AE version I was running. That was it - haven't heard from them since. Take note that this was with regards to their pre-1.4 release.

DANG! Now I remember more clearly - my issue was with installing the pre-1.4 plugin onto CS6. I had purchased a new rig and was propagating it with apps and plugins when I encountered the installation issue between CamTracker pre-1.4 and CS6 - I had no issues installing the plugin onto CS5.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:59:10 am

Newton looks very cool and on further inspection looks like it could give me headaches. :D I look forward to reading about your experience with it!

Im exploring Element to see how it can be creatively implemented in many different situations.

Tom Daigon

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2012 at 11:57:18 am

I've had Newton for quite a while but never had the time to dive into its innards. The basics are easy but trying to create chain-like effects is far from easy - still trying to wrap my head around it.

Here's something decently advanced I did after a few tries -
Newton Example - Reactive Chain.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Newton (OT)
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:56:01 pm

[Roland R. Kahlenberg] "Here's something decently advanced I did after a few tries - Newton Example - Reactive Chain."

That's pretty cool, Roland!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2012 at 1:14:02 pm

Nice !!

Tom Daigon

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2012 at 3:14:59 pm

Not too bad eh? ;-)

The mechanics involved in creating this allows for a bunch-load of creative opportunities! FWIW, if I had increased the Density setting of the square block, I would have been able to 'crash' through the chain.

So, imagine a circle made up of Newtonized layers that repel; in an animated, reactive manner; an intrusion by evil, bath-salted Zombies (capitalized for emphasis- and sheer fun). Then these vile zombies (de-capitalized for emphasis - cos they'll die an ugly death) manage to intrude into the 'Circle of Truth'. Then Video Co-pilot's Optical Flare comes to the rescue and creates a huge, full-on white flash which allows us to transition to the same 'Circle of Truth' - starting afresh, seemingly imperious - impervious to its recent battle. ;-)

BTW, I used Newton's Capture facility, found within its embedded Gravity pane to animate the square block which only had two KFs that were used to animate its first two position points. Then Newton kicked in and did the rest.

All Newtonized layers were set to AEmatic. AEmatic layers are also affected by gravity. To overcome this for the 'chain layers', post-Newton, I parented a small Solid to one of the big circles. I then nested this comp and stabilized the 'chain layers' by tracking the small Small. The stabilizing ensured that the 'chain layers' were anchored and that it only animated when interacting with the square block.

More to come - hopefully.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2012 at 3:22:09 pm

Not being familiar with the software I read your detailed description of setting up parameters to achieve your effect.

So...I knew Newton would give me a headache :D

Tom Daigon

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Chris TewRe: Warning regarding The Foundrys Camera Tracker for AE (CS6 for PC)
by on Oct 17, 2013 at 5:35:02 pm

is this fixed? Mine tracks then I get a color wheel before I can even solve, I've left my computer for about 20mins & it was still spinning..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]