ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Bat swarm effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg BurkeBat swarm effect?
by on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:21:39 am

Hey all I recent bought After effects CS6 and it's been awhile since I've done effects heavy stuff, I have a Cilent that needs me to create a bat swarm effect (it can be a little cartoony) what's the best place to start? Particle world I assume? And is there a option to import a jpeg for you particle? Ie picture of a outlines bat? Thanks in advance.

I wear many hats.

Return to posts index

Corrado CarlevaroRe: Bat swarm effect?
by on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:31:59 am

I don't remember if you can have custom (jpeg or whatever) particles in Particle World (but I guess you can't) but for sure you can have them in Trapcode Particular plugin. You can check and download the project, there are Bats, Birds and Butterflies swarms (cartoony)

Return to posts index

Ryan HillRe: Bat swarm effect?
by on Jul 29, 2012 at 7:00:17 am

In CC Particle World, you can set it to use another layer if you set Particle Type to one of the "Textured" types.

There's also Foam.

Return to posts index

Dave AndradeRe: Bat swarm effect?
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 10:46:24 pm

You can import custom images into Particle Playground too. I've imported images and even made them appear to disappear off into the distance. The only problem with PP is that it is a 2D system and new particles render behind older ones, and it takes a little getting used to. Once you know what everything does, even though its not Particular, it can get you a lot of what you are looking for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved