ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Solve my problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaheryar Ahmed
Solve my problem
on Jul 27, 2012 at 4:04:57 pm

I am editing a short film in avid media composer 6. I complete the edit and export an aaf. I import the aaf in after effects with automatic duck pro. I change the bit depth to 16 bit and suddenly my footage gets introduced to artifacts. They are just pink and blue specs which are all around on the image. They are mostly on highlights but are also showing up in mids and shadows. They are not in every shot but in most of them. The footage is from 5d mark2 which is imported in avid as DNxHD 115. I want to do the compositing and export a 16 bit tiff sequence for grading in resolve. Why are the artifacts showing and how to remove or avoid them. Please help me. They go when i switch back to 8 bit but I have to work in 16 bit. Please help.

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
Re: Solve my problem
on Jul 27, 2012 at 6:07:38 pm

Are you using color management? If so what is the setting? What colorspace is the clip being interpreted at? What bit depth did you export out to?
Did you try a test render of a second or 2 where the spots show, and do they end up in the final render?
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

Shaheryar Ahmed
on Jul 28, 2012 at 6:24:09 am

Thanks for the reply. Ok. When I import the clips in Avid Media Composer 6 I transcode them to DNxHD and I guess that is a REC 709 color space. it shows something like Yrcb 709. When I lock my picture, I take my aaf to after effects with automatic duck pro. It gives me a pre comp in after effects (btw i have cs5) and i use that. I change the bit depth to 16 bit and change the color management to hdtv Rec 709 (16-235). But it doesnt matter which color management settings i choose. i did apple rgb and the artifacts showed up. I did the srgb and the artifacts showed up. I chose 32 bit and the artifacts show up. Its not about exporting they are showing up in after effects. I export using the working color management with perserve rgb checked. I export it as a 16 bit Tiff sequence with trillions of colors. This is because I take these stills to Davinci Resovle lite. But the artifacts are really troubling me and yes they show up in the tiffs. What to do?

Return to posts index

Shaheryar Ahmed
on Jul 28, 2012 at 7:22:52 am

Here is an export tiff...

seq1.exported.01_00206.jpg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]