ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Continuously rasterizing pre-compsotions with vectors makes them disappear in 3D space?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Burrow
Continuously rasterizing pre-compsotions with vectors makes them disappear in 3D space?
on Jul 26, 2012 at 6:56:38 pm

I am using After Effects CS5

I am creating a motion graphic sequence in 3D space. When I create a pre-composition, make it 3D and scale it up, it becomes blurry because AE isn't rasterizing the vectors. So whenever I turn on "contiously rasterize" so my vectors in my precomp are crisp, it just disappears. I can see the outline of the precomp in the main project window but nothing from the actual composition shows up.

I would appreciate any advice, and an explanation of what exactly is happening so I can understand what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your time,

Emily

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Continuously rasterizing pre-compsotions with vectors makes them disappear in 3D space?
on Jul 26, 2012 at 8:26:56 pm

Could you post a screen shot of your After Effects workspace?

Do you have a camera in the master comp?

Does the nested layer have 3D enabled?

Are the objects in the nested comp in positions outside the master camera view?

Are you looking at the Active Camera or a Custom View?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Continuously rasterizing pre-compsotions with vectors makes them disappear in 3D space?
on Jul 26, 2012 at 9:13:34 pm

[Emily Burrow] "So whenever I turn on "contiously rasterize" so my vectors in my precomp are crisp, it just disappears. I can see the outline of the precomp in the main project window but nothing from the actual composition shows up."

Continuously rasterize/collapse transformations when enabled on a composition will look at the layers inside the composition for their layer switches and transforms to determine how to render them.

Make sure that the layers in your composition are 3D layers and also have continuously rasterize enabled.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
on Jul 26, 2012 at 9:18:20 pm

Make sure you are looking at it top down and when you hit the switch, see where in 3d space it lives. It could be behind your camera (are you using a camera?), and cycle through the custom views and orthographic views to see where it's placed in 3d space. If your original comp has the continuously rasterize switch on and you can scale it p do you really need the precomp? Make sure your original is not 3d enabled, the position for Z is 0 and the position for your precomp is also 0 for Z axis. I am not seeing the same thing you are, when I hit the collapse switch my object stays where it is and doesn't disappear. When you hit the switch it takes into account of where it is in 3d space in the original comp, so maybe you moved it?
Hope it helped.
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]