ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Automatic layer placement in Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel RodriguesAutomatic layer placement in Timeline
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 10:46:23 am

Hi all,

I have a problem!

I'm doing a AE project that will be used by others. In the project I have several videos that may be replaced by other users, but in case the video footage are replaced and if they have diferent duration from the original videos I want them to be automatic placed at the same starting or ending point of the original videos.

One question: How can I do that?

Return to posts index

keith mcgregorRe: Automatic layer placement in Timeline
by on Jul 27, 2012 at 2:42:23 pm

The easiest way is for them just to replace the footage by right-clicking on the file in the project tab and choosing "replace footage" and it places it where the previous footage starting point was, if it's a shorter duration then someone has to manually reorganize the timeline, but it will be placed at the start of the video that was replaced. It's not hard or time-consuming to go through the timeline and use the i, o to get to the layer beginning and end points or using left/right brackets to place the layer at the playhead position, very simple and should take no time at all (depending on how many videos I suppose, and how organized the timeline is).

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

Joel RodriguesRe: Automatic layer placement in Timeline
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 11:52:52 am

thanks, but thats what i allready know. There really isnt a way for the layer to go automaticly to where i whant it to go? With some king of expression or someting like that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved