ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Coalesce into Center

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John HutelmyerText Coalesce into Center
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:11:34 pm

Hello everyone, long time user of the site, first post!

I've been trying to figure out how to do a specific effect but can't seem to figure it out. I think it should be really simple though.

Essentially I want a word to form in the center of the screen, but I want each letter to start from different points outside the frame (around all 4 corners) and wiggle there way to the center.

I know I could achieve this by making each letter its own layer and animate accordingly, but I was wondering if anybody knew how to maybe do this an easier way.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Text Coalesce into Center
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:45:02 pm

One general piece of advice for animations of things coming together:

It's usually easier to start with the item all together and then animate the scattering outward, then reverse the animation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

John HutelmyerRe: Text Coalesce into Center
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 12:14:52 pm

Thanks Todd. That was my game plan....My issue is actually the scattering effect itself...I'm not sure what is the fastest, easiest way to achieve that, besides animating each letter individually.

Thanks!
John

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Text Coalesce into Center
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 6:46:08 pm

There might be a more efficient way, but I'd just add four animators, each with a range selector defining a single character, with each modifying the Position property. Then keyframe the Position properties.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]