ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects rotobrushing - background removed but showing up??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juliano YeomansAfter effects rotobrushing - background removed but showing up??
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 9:20:54 am

I have a problem.. im a beginner and need some help. i created a title sequence in after effects, added all the layers, rotobrushed a lot and the layers were nicely on top of each other with the backgrounds cut out/rotobrushed..then for some reason when i opened the file again, the backgrounds that i had removed were now showing up..see attached image? I tried to import the titel sequence into Premiere Pro and it looked the same? What am i doing wrong?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After effects rotobrushing - background removed but showing up??
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 1:14:52 pm

When you did your roto, did you move forward to the end of your footage to let the roto propagate all the frames of the shot?

Rotobrush isn't the easiest effect to use and has a lot of gotchas, here's a pretty in-depth tutorial

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Juliano YeomansRe: After effects rotobrushing - background removed but showing up??
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:43:13 pm

Hi and thaks for replying... i roto'd still images, not video clips...?? hoping for a quick and easy answer if its out there :) I must say, i dont know what i would do without palces liek Youtube and here!!! But sometimes you cant get a very specific question answered and you dont really want to read an entire tutorial to find the one answer you are looking for :))

Return to posts index

by on Jul 24, 2012 at 7:03:54 pm

Go to the frame where you roto'd your still and precompose(Shift+cntl+c) it, make sure to select "Move all attributres into the new composition".

Right click on the precomp and choose -> Time -> Freeze Frame. That should give you a roto'd image for your entire composition.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Juliano YeomansRe: After effects rotobrushing - background removed but showing up??
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:10:18 pm

yOure my hero..thank you..sorted it out... i really apprecaite it so much thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))

Return to posts index

by on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:18:35 pm

yOure my hero..thank you..sorted it out... i really apprecaite it so much thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))

ok, but now i have saved the quick time file and imported it into Premiere Pro. i then drag it to the time line as it is a title with the persons name, but then the top part of the screen which is supposed to be transparent so that you can see the interview subject is a dark greyish colour and you cant see the video layer?? any thoughts on this??

Return to posts index

by on Jul 25, 2012 at 11:30:22 am

First check in your AE project that you have a transparent background by toggling the checkerboard switch in the comp window. If you get the checkerboard pattern, then the problem must lie with your render, if you don't see the checkerboard, then you have a layer in your project that needs to be removed.

The next thing to check is that when you rendered your movie you set the output module -> Video Output -> Channels to RGB + Alpha.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]